If you have a broken or cracked sunroof, it may be tempting to put off repair services since you don’t have time or don’t want to spend the money. However, just like with broken car locks, having a broken sunroof can be an invitation for thieves, since it gives them easier access to your vehicle. Also, should it rain, or if things leak onto the top of your car, it can leak and cause damage inside your car as well. If you need sunroof replacement done, don’t put it off for another second. Have SUNROOF KING take a look at your vehicle and we’ll be able to find the root of your problem and get a brand new sunroof on your car in no time.
We fix a variety of sunroofs, including:
Because we have over a decade of experience, we are also able to repair other types of sunroofs too, such as pop up, built in, tilt ‘n slide, top mount, and panoramic. You won’t have to worry about our technicians not knowing what they’re doing since we are all properly trained and knowledgeable about all types of sunroofs. Give us a call now to get your free estimate over the phone.
It can be quite annoying if you’ve taken good care of everything in your car, yet your sunroof stops working. Although the parts inside may break down due to over usage, it can also break down due to under usage since the parts can rust up. You should know that even with the best care, sunroofs can break down, as the mechanics are not meant to last forever. When you do have a broken sunroof on your hands, count on SUNROOF KING of Houston to be there for you. We can fix up any sunroof issues for you, no problem. We even offer same-day auto repair services!
FACTORY SUNROOF VS. AFTERMARKET SUNROOF
Identifying factory over an aftermarket is fairly simple. Our specialist will typically identify factory installs using our in-house database. Identifying an aftermarket install is a bit more complicated Due to the variety of aftermarket sunroof manufacturers and their various part/assembly options.
Aftermarket sunroofs are installed after the manufacturing of your vehicle, which requires a technician to cut a hole in your roof.
What type of sunroof do I have?
Just like any other auto glass in your car or truck, it is important to know what type of sunroof or moonroof is installed in your vehicle so that if it breaks or is damaged, the proper parts and glass are re-installed and get you back on the road quickly.
- Pop-up sunroof: A panel of glass that tilts upward on a hinge, in which the tilting action provides the ventilation; can be manual or electric and is usually removable
- Spoiler sunroof: A combination of the pop-up and sliding sunroof, the tilting-up action opens the sunroof and then slides back on a track along the roof; depending on the make of the vehicle, the glass panel will self-store either above the roof or below, between the liner and roof proper
- Panoramic sunroof: A multi-pane moonroof system which tilts and slides open further than a spoiler sunroof because the multiple panes that form one unit when closed, all retract upon slider track and stack against one another when opened; designed to open both the front and rear cabin of the passenger cabin
- Solar sunroof: Opaque sunroof glass inlaid with photovoltaic solar panel cells that power the inner ventilation from stored solar electricity, saving power in the battery of the vehicle
- Top-mount: Sliding sunroofs that store along tracks above the roof outside of the vehicle; the advantages of this type of sunroof is the extra headroom inside the car
Can Sunroof King repair my sunroof?
It can be an incredible inconvenience to have a broken windshield. An open window on top of your car will let in dust, rain, snow, and other forms of precipitation that could ruin the interior of the vehicle. Driving down the highway with a broken sunroof can be incredibly distracting and unsafe. Scheduling an appointment with Sunroof King to have your sunroof repaired will guarantee you get top-notch auto glass service and our warranty. Call today!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FACTORY SUNROOF & AN AFTERMARKET SUNROOF
A factory sunroof (also referred to as an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) sunroof ) is a sunroof that is installed in the vehicle during vehicle production and before it is delivered to the new car dealership. An aftermarket sunroof (also referred to as a retrofit sunroof) is a sunroof that is installed in the vehicle at anytime after the vehicle is produced. Most typically an aftermarket sunroof is installed by a restyling company that deals directly with the car dealership.
Convenient Sunroof Repair Services
We are Locted at 3361 Fountain View Drive , Houston ,Texas 77057 Close to Richmond Sunroof King At Your Service since 1979